OneClickdigital and Zinio for Libraries have been rebranded; they are now RBdigital and RBdigital magazines, with a new look to match the new names. Their new, redesigned, app now combines eAudiobooks, eBooks, and eMagazines in a single app.
The RBdigital collection gives access to over 7000 best-selling eAudiobook titles, including great self-help books and novels for children and teenagers. We also have a growing eBook (print-style) collection of over 100 best-selling titles with even more coming soon. Both eAudiobooks & eBooks can be checked out for 14 days with one 7day renewal.
You can also read full digital copies of magazines for free using the RBdigital magazine service on your computer, smartphone or tablet. Over 60 different magazine titles are currently available, ranging from Billboard to Women’s Day and much more. RBdigital is available at any time and there is no limit to the number of magazines you can check out or how long you can keep them.
What do I need to know?
- If you currently have the OneClickdigital app on your device you should have received a notification through the app (on or around 27 June 2017) informing you of the change. If your device is set to receive auto updates, the app will have updated automatically. If not you will just need to download the most recent update
- If you use the OneClickdigital websiteyou won’t need to do anything. The rebranded website will look quite different (to match the app) but will still work in much the same way; it will still be accessible
- Your existing OneClickdigital user name and password will continue to work with RBdigital
- You can continue to use the Zinio for Libraries app for at least 60 days (from 10 July 2017). After 60 days you will have to install the RBdigital app from your device’s app store. You can still login using your Zinio for Libraries email/username and password
- The Zinio for Libraries website address will not change, but all references to Zinio for Libraries will be removed and replaced with RBdigital magazines
- All of your current checkouts and holds will carry over to the updated sites and app.
Not yet registered? Create a new account on the RBdigital website, then download the RBdigital app from your device’s app store
If you prefer to not use the app, all you need is a computer (PC or Mac) with internet access. You can download the selected eAudiobook to play on your PC or transfer it to a supported device using the RBdigital Media Manager. You can get the Media Manager on the RBdigital help page.
Benefits of the new RBdigital app
- Access to eAudiobooks, eBooks, eMagazines through one single app.
- Simpler and more intuitive process for browsing, checking out, downloading and playing an eAudiobook
- Clearer menu to help you navigate around the app
- Improved search – ability to restrict search by genre, availability and target audience (e.g. adult/child)
- See at a glance if a title is available or on loan. If it is on loan there will be an option to place a hold at no cost to you.
- Set the app either to only download titles when connected to wifi or to automatically download them once checked out