Due to the success of our Adult #RogersReads program, we are happy to announce that for 2021, we are launching #RogersReadsforKids! This will be a year long reading challenge for ages 0 to 12. There will be 12 missions to complete: one for each month of the year. Any child who completes all 12 missions will be entered into a grand prize drawing at the end of the year. Any child who completes one mission each month will be able to pick up a small prize from the Children’s Library as well as be entered into a monthly prize drawing.
- Must have a Rogers Public Library card
- Cannot use the same book for multiple activities
- Activities do not have to be completed in order
- You can use an audiobook, ebook, or physical book!
- Must be 0 – 12 years old
- Parents reading with their child counts
- 1 entry for each Monthly Drawing
- 1 entry for the Final Drawing with completion of all 12 mission activities
- Read a book with your favorite color in the title
- Read a book published before you were born
- Read a book of poetry or a novel in verse
- Read a book set in a different country
- Read a nonfiction book
- Read a book with talking animal characters
- Read a book, fiction or nonfiction, about a historical event
- Read a book with a blue cover
- Read a book that a family member loved when they were a kid
- Read a book published in 2021
- Read a graphic novel or comic book
- Read a holiday themed book
To participate, stop by the Children’s Library to pick up a paper form, request one for curbside pickup, or register online at rpl.readsquared.com. When logging your completed missions, make sure you fill in the “missions” space. If you simply “log” your books, they will not show up as completed missions and therefore will not be entered into the drawings. If you need assistance, please contact the Children’s Library staff at 479-621-1152 ext. 2.
We are looking forward to this new reading challenge for kids, and we hope to see you participating!