The Rogers Public Library provides materials, services, and activities to enrich life, foster literacy, stimulate imagination and inspire lifelong learning.
On July 4, 1904 the first public library in Rogers opened its doors with 458 volumes available for checkout. The library was on the 2nd floor of a business located at First and Poplar Streets. The Women’s Study Club organized, financed and operated the library at its inception.
As the city of Rogers grew so did the library, and by 1934 it had a patronage of 1,629 with holdings near 3,462 volumes. Despite the Great Depression, the Rogers Public Library continued to grow at a brisk pace, outgrowing buildings and gaining new “Friends” along the way.
In March of 1992, the Friends of the Rogers Public Library acquired 3.924 acres at 711 South Dixieland Road, and the birth of the Library as we know it today began. Today the library holds more than 150,000 books with an unimaginable number of electronic and multimedia items, as well as a great selection of PCs, laptops and other devices for use within its walls.
True to its beginnings, the Rogers Public Library is a living partnership between public and private sectors, receiving support from the library millage, the City of Rogers general fund, the Rogers Public Library Foundation, the Friends of the Rogers Public Library, and from many generous private donors.