If your 2020 was anything like ours, you may have been too preoccupied to catch all of the awesome new releases. We are now over halfway through 2021, but it is not too late to get excited about these books. It’s not even too late to get started on your #RogersReads challenges! To be eligible for the grand prize, all you have to do is complete 12 challenges by December 31, 2021. That’s still plenty of time! Here’s a list of some of our most popular books from 2020. You can click on each image to view the catalog entry for each title.
If you haven’t already, you can join the #RogersReads reading challenge by registering and entering the books you read at rpl.readsquared.com under “missions.” Each month, prizes will be awarded to two readers who complete a mission online by the end of the month. If you complete all twelve missions by December 31, 2021, you will be entered for the grand prize that will be awarded at the end of the challenge. You can finish the challenges in any order over the course of the year with eBooks, audiobooks, or print copies of a title.
#RogersReads Reading Challenges for 2021
1. Read a book that makes you laugh.
2. Read a book that is about food or has food in the title.
3. Read a book set in or about space.
4. Read a book that is about or based on mythology or folklore.
5. Read a book whose author is known for something other than writing.
6. Read a book, fiction or non-fiction, about nature.
7. Read a fictional retelling of a historical event.
8. Read a book you meant to read in 2020.
9. Read a book with an animal on the cover.
10. Read a book from your least favorite genre.
11. Read a book that, for better or worse, you judged by its cover.
12. Read a book with a body of water on the cover or in the title.